Have a Question? Ask & We'll Answer It With A Video

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Don't Join a Team Unless It Has These 3 Attributes


Thinking about joining a real estate team? The team you join should have these three attributes.


Should you join a real estate team? Does it even make sense in this growing market?

From a team leader standpoint, I can tell you that there are three main things to consider when looking into joining a team:

  1. Do they have the people in place to help you, serve you, and make your job and life easier? I got into this business because I love selling homes and being around people, but it sucked the time out of my bones. One year, I did 48 transactions with just a part-time assistant, and I was absolutely spent. We had to do everything ourselves. Now, our team members are in a spot where they can go on vacation and not have to take any calls during. 
  2. Do they have a systematic approach? Systems are meant to cut down on time. Your dollar-productive activities have to make a certain dollar amount per hour, so systems need to be in place so you don't have to deal with non-dollar-producing activities. True systems need to be repeatable.
  3. Marketing: Is the team doing enough volume to find and create new opportunities in the market, or do they just pound one lead source over and over again? Our team goes deep on five lead sources.

If you have any questions for me about this decision or about your career in general, don't hesitate to give me a call. I'd love to hear from you.