Have a Question? Ask & We'll Answer It With A Video

Monday, December 10, 2018

Prepare Yourself for Our 2019 Market


There’s a shift happening in our market, and I have a few tips that will help you keep your business moving forward in 2019.


What should you expect from our housing cycle in 2019? Many of you weren’t around when the market shifted back in 2008, but I was. At the time, I was worried and I wasn’t sure where my livelihood would go. There are a few things I wish I would’ve known then that I want to share with you now. Take a look at what’s happening with our housing cycle right now. Each cycle lasts from seven to 10 years, and if you look at the market in general, interest rates, home prices, and inventory levels are rising. Once this happens, builders start making adjustments. In fact, a lot of builders are getting more and more hesitant to build homes over $500,000. When we start seeing these trends, we know there’s a bigger change happening. I’m sure you’ve noticed this change. Some people think this means we’re in for a crazy spring, and hopefully that’s true. In the meantime, though, we know our market is changing, and we have to be prepared for it. What can you do to prepare yourself?


When we start seeing these changes, we know there’s a bigger change happening.


First, make sure you have the right mindset and are motivated to work every single day. It’s been easy these past few years to kick your feet up and let business come to you, but that won’t be that case anymore. Get your hands on as much motivational, self-help literature as you can and make sure you’re reading at least 10 pages a day. Second, surround yourself with podcasts and other things that are positive in your mind. This will help your business move forward. You might have to deal with a few breakdowns, but without breakdowns, there are no breakthroughs. Finally, take care of yourself. Make sure you’re eating better and thinking better. If you increase productivity by 10% in 10 areas of your life, you increase by 100%. Moving forward, I’ll be sharing more tips that I’ve learned in all my years in the business that will help you prepare for the future and keep your business moving forward. If you have any questions or there’s anything I can help you with in the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.