Have a Question? Ask & We'll Answer It With A Video

Monday, May 2, 2016

The Importance of Representing Your Client Well


Today, I’ll discuss representing your client and doing the best you can for them.

Earlier in my career, I used to get so preoccupied with getting my clients the best deal that I would push them away from great opportunities. Sometimes, these clients would keep renting, buy a car, or make a similar investment, but they never became a homeowner. That’s something I deeply regret. Because I was focused on a bargain, these clients missed out on why they came to me: to buy and own a home.

We sometimes have to have tough conversations to represent our clients. In a competitive market like today’s, you might need to dig deeper beyond just price range. You might need to ask how much over list price makes sense.


Let’s commit to solving problems proactively.



Rent rates are growing. If you rent a property for more than 1.8 years, you would spend as much as buying your own property. If you plan to live somewhere for that long, you might as well use your investment to purchase a home of your own.

Additionally, we need to serve clients to the best of our abilities and talents. We need to follow through with due diligence, run the values, and take care of their needs. Sometimes, we get so nitpicky and make mountains out of molehills. This causes us to kill deals instead of working through minor discrepancies. Instead, let’s commit to solving problems proactively.

If you have any questions about today’s topic, or anything else, give me a call or send me an email. I’d be happy to help you!